The moment of truth has arrived. Or more accurately, come and gone as of this writing. This brew took way too much out of me yesterday to want to do any more than just post the pictures at the time. As you may have guessed from my past posts on this beer, the brew is way more involved than my first brew. I didn’t really know what I was getting into on this one until it was right on top of me though. I should have known when I had to email AHS to figure out just where to put the pumpkin in the whole process. Or when I saw the grain bag in the ingredients kit. Also of note is that I spent a lot more time cutting the recpie in half than I expected. I used a postage scale to measure out the grains, malt extract, hops and spices. The scale was not really accurate enough for the small quantities of spices and hops so there was a bit of guesswork involved. Oh well, I persevered anyway and I think that this beer has a lot of promise, and is now fermenting happily away, snug in its 2.5 gallon Deer Park water jug.